Venue and location
Our 2020 General Conference takes place at the University of Innsbruck. Registration, the exhibition and all Panels will run throughout the event at the following address:
Faculty of Social and Political Science
How to get there
Innsbruck train station is centrally located for international rail travel. Most trains are operated by the National Rail Company Österreichische Bundesbahn (ÖBB). For more on train times, see The Trainline
Munich → Innsbruck 1 hour 45 minutes
Salzburg → Innsbruck 1 hour 45 minutes
Trento → Innsbruck 2 hours 40 minutes
Zurich → Innsbruck 3.5 hours
Vienna → Innsbruck 4 hours 15 minutes
Innsbruck airport, also known locally as Flughafen Kranebitten, is 2.5 miles from the city centre. It is served by carriers including Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, Finnair, easyJet, flybe, KLM and British Airways.
Getting to and from Innsbruck airport (INN)
- Bus Bus route F connects to Innsbruck main station. The journey takes about 20 minutes. Buses run approximately every 15 minutes.
- Taxi There is a fixed fare and a taxi costs around €15 depending where you want to go in the city centre. Pick taxis up outside the arrivals hall.
- Car Innsbruck airport is just off the A12, signposted Innsbruck West / Flughafen.
Getting around the city
Bus and trams are operated by IVB. Basic information is below but find more detailed information on the IVB website.
Public transport tickets and passes
||Single tickets can be bought from the driver for €3, but you can get them from ticket machines at stops for the cheaper price of €2.40. You can also buy 8-trip tickets in advance for €14.60 or a 24-hour ticket for €5.60. For all ticket prices check IVB.
Three routes, 1, 3 and 6, run roughly every 10 minutes:
- Number 1 Mühlauer Brücke → Bergisel / Tirol Panorama
- Number 3 Amras → Peerhofsidelung / Technik West (near the University)
- Number 6 (‘Innsbruck Mittelgebirgsbahn’) Igls Bahnhof → Bergisel. Magnificent panoramic views!