How to participate
The Summer School is open to PhD and Master's students from political science and related fields. You must have completed a BA course in political science or international relations. You will present a 6,000–8,000 word research paper or PhD thesis chapter, and discuss another participant’s paper. In exceptional cases, we may also accept project proposals or research plans.
How to apply
Please email the following to Nina Wiesehomeier:
- Your current CV
- A recommendation letter, preferably from a thesis or dissertation supervisor
- A 500-word abstract of your research
Materials can be submitted in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
After the Academic Convenors have evaluated all applications, we will let you know by email whether your application has been successful. You then need to register and pay via the ECPR website. A link will appear when registration opens on Monday 29 April. To register, you need a MyECPR account. If you don't already have one, create one.
Registration fee €350, includes:
- Participation in seven lectures/courses
- A year's access to data at the Roper Center for Public Opinion Research
- Tea / coffee during breaks
- Certificate of attendance
- Conference dinner
- Welcome drinks
- Guided campus tour
Travel and Accommodation Grant
Multiple grants are available towards the cost of travel and accommodation. To apply, you must:
- pay your registration fee in full
- provide an estimate of expenses, including all travel dates and locations
- be assessed by the Convenors for adequate academic performance during the Summer School
- produce expenses-related documents such as boarding passes, train tickets, and airline / hotel receipts.
Student-rate accommodation at The Factory Residence Hall costs €36.50 per night, breakfast included. To reserve, contact Factory quoting reference SGLAP2019. Book early to avoid disappointment.