8th Winter School in Methods and Techniques
14 – 21 February 2020
2020 is the ECPR’s 50th Anniversary. As we approach this milestone in our history, the ECPR Winter School will complete its fifth and final year at the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences. Endowed with one of Europe’s largest intact medieval and baroque city centres, Bamberg old town has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1993.
Established in 2012, when it was hosted by the University of Vienna, the ECPR Winter School offers cutting-edge courses in qualitative and quantitative methodological topics, giving participants the skills they need to kickstart their career. Our 2019 school was the most successful to date, with more than 400 participants attending 47 courses (23% of which were fully booked shortly after release).
The 2020 course list will be published soon, and we anticipate an impressive 60 courses – including some new ones – to be on offer, all delivered by experienced Instructors, and supported by dedicated Teaching Assistants:
- Two free, lecture style early-morning courses, a 'Maths Refresher' and a new course on 'Visualisation of Information'
- 18 two-day Short courses, including new additions 'Relational Event Models (REM)', 'Synthetic Controls' and 'Conjoint Analysis'
- 36 five-day Main courses, including new additions 'Measuring Difficult Concepts', 'Comparisons in Interpretive Research', 'Analyticism and Pragmatism in Social Science', 'Tools for the Analysis of Complex Social Systems: An Introduction' and 'Ethnographic Methods in Difficult Situations'
- Three five-day Advanced Workshops
- Two Seasoned Scholar Workshops
The exciting plenary programme faciliates valuable networking opportunities, putting you in touch with people who share your research interests. This Winter School also sees the return of our popular Methods Café, along with lunchtime debates on hot topics in the discipline.
The Winter School complements its sister event, the ECPR Summer School in Methods and Techniques.
To keep up with Winter School news, make sure you are subscribed to our Events mailing list via MyECPR.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We're seeking a new host for this event, from 2021–2023. Interested? Find out more